Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Luminox Experience

First of all I'm not a Navy seal or in a Military and stuff. Im just a normal guy working on computers. Because when I first got the watch I was very exited with its luminous effects and with all the rugged, air force, navy and military branding that goes with it. 

Now after about 8 months of usage (not even daily use) this what happened. Let the pictures speak itself.


Luminox
Luminox

Luminox


Luminox Back

Broken strap in so many ways... talking about navy use and military spec!

Luminox Return/Repair/Warranty Policy

"Luminox does NOT cover normal wear and tear, batteries, crystals, watch case, strap, bracelet, loss or theft" 

Hmm.. very disappointing broken in less than a year and they DO NOT cover the strap.. sigh!!! I guess I have to buy a new strap!  and so I went to Luminox service center and behold I meet a customer with the same problem with a broken strap and not only that they are out of stock (I think this is very common problem). The only thing they have is the velcro type strap (see picture below). So this is what I bought


.......... 3 months later

 it's broken, again!!!!!


But waitthere's more!

Luminox misaligned
Not just the strap! I give up on this watch.

It's 12 o'clock right? aren't those hands suppose to be on the same place? WOW it's misaligned. I have Timex, Casio, Guess, Swatch that I bought way cheaper the this lumisucks. Some are even 1/4 the price of this Luminox and none of this ever happend to any of my other watches that I have been beaten up for years.



I therefore conclude Luminox is not just overpriced but also using below standard materials. Cheaply made watch and If I could do it all over, I wouldn't buy this watch and will stay away from this Brand.

10 comments:

  1. Hi, did you find your bezel to be loose? Mine has about 1mm of sideways play. Thanks,

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two Luminox watches and, thankfully, have not had a problem with either in the several years I've owned them. I'm curious... did you return your watch to Luminox for warranty service?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did return for warranty and its not covered by warranty also they the band/strap is out of stock when I went there. Not only that, there's another customer that have the same problem with a broken strap trying to look for a replacement. (out of stock and two of us at that shop looking for the strap.. hmm its like a very common issue)


      Luminox Return/Repair/Warranty Policy:

      "Luminox does NOT cover normal wear and tear, batteries, crystals, watch case, strap, bracelet, loss or theft"

      Delete
  3. Same problem here... but I could even get in contact wit my local service center! Luminox customer service = very bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. same problems . my view is that the strap has a material which will only take occasional use. if you wear 24/7 FORGET it. LUMINOX DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT. JOHN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not just the strap mine mis-aligned the hand itself

      Delete
  5. It’s a classic great for me to go to this blog site, it offers helpful suggestionsuseful link

    ReplyDelete